Sunday, June 7, 2009

Cookie



I think I've finalized my pic of Cookie. Comparing this to the old KP beach pic, this was the style change I've been referring to, I feel it is less stiff in it's pose and is more natural. I also think this will complement my KP style very well.
I was confusing the way I drew KP with the way I was drawing DP styles. For example, I was putting sharp corners in places where they were not needed, elbows, knees and all.

The original sketch for Cookie was less impressive as I drew her head too small and I had to digitally manipulate it to be bigger. I'm not sure if it's WB's style to have very large heads or that KP's head to body proportions were affecting the way I drew them.

This is an exciting change for me, but it's also met with unusually low enthusiasm by my viewers. Perhaps because Cookie is too much of an obscure DD character for them to recognize. As for now I'll be experimenting and trying to maintain this new style of drawing and seeing how I can incorporate it into my other works.

2 comments:

Creature SH said...

The lack of response is most definitely due to the obscurity of the character. (I, for one, have no idea who that is, I have to admit)

Personally, I really enjoy seeing your progress as an artist. Even though I'm by no means an expert, I see a very appealing crispness in your current style... Again, I'm no expert, so I lack the proper terms to express what I mean, but.. Hey, good stuff !

angrybob said...

The change in style is very subtle unless you're actively looking for the differences, but it's really adding a more "organic" feel. Great work.

And I agree about the obscurity of the character limiting response.